This year halloween is on a Tuesday, which means you get to mix up your work-wear and have some fun! But we get it, you’ve got things to do, customers to call, and you just don’t have time to get a costume. Here is a list of super easy ideas you can put together pretty quickly, most of them using things around the office or house.
I can’t speak for all work spaces, but here at DeskHub we have a costume contest category specifically for costumes put together in 5 minutes or less. No excuses!
[Note: working in coworking space during halloween means a little more flexibility when it comes to costumes as there aren’t typically dress codes. These suggestions may follow that.]
- A Tourist– fanny pack + Hawaiian shirt
- 80’s – perfect for the employee who hasn’t let things go, and perfect for the millennial who embraced the return of the 80’s trend. All you need is to change up your hairstyle, a band or neon shirt, and you’re good to go!
- Zombie – A classic that can be done with makeup and work with any outfit.
- Nerd – Just dress like your normal self! (just kidding) You can wear a button up shirt tucked in very messy, add some tape around your glasses, and viola!
- Mummy – Wear black, get some beige masking tape, ask someone to help you wrap it around.
- Where’s Waldo – Red striped shirt, red beanie, glasses
- Princess Leia– All white outside, side buns
- Ninja – All black, optional mask covering your nose and below
- Roman Royalty – White, red sash, a leaf headband
- Aviator – Your coolest leather jacket and some aviators
You can also take some inspiration from new & old popular movies & TV shows such as:
- Stranger Things
- Silicon Valley
- Bob’s Burgers
- Game Of Thrones
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Avengers or Justice League
- Handmaid’s Tale
- Rick & Morty
- Mad Men
- Orange is the New Black
- Walking Dead
- Big Bang Theory
It’s only once a year you can have a little fun and dress up at work, so give it a go and good luck!